26 July 2016

The Power Of Make-Up



Well this is never something I thought I would post ...

Here's a half and half (dodgy lip I know but it wouldn't line up) of my face with and without make-up all in the name of 'The Power of Make-up'. I'm not going to lie and say this was an easy post to create but it was fun if nothing else! The left is my naked face, un-even brows, imperfect skin and scars. If you know me personally you'll know that the scars are an unfortunate recent addition to my face, one that I've had to learn to accept wont change. I'm not going to say that I love them because honestly it has taken me a while to accept they are there whether I like it or not and things could've been a hell of a lot worse for me. If you want to know what happened, I'm sure one day, when everything has gone through the systems needed, I will be happy to tell you.

So here's my Power of Make-up, I don't wear make-up everyday and I don't even wear it all the time at work. For a couple of months I had a break from make-up to let my scars rest and so I could just adjust with how my new face looked. Now I'm back to experimenting and playing with make-up in all its glory! I chose quiet a simple look for the day as I was going to work, I'll list all details below,  but I'm happy that it shows exactly how my face changes through make-up. I love the fact that the foundation and concealer I use perfect my skin without making me look like a mannequin. My face is rather slim anyway but contouring helps to show off my cheek bones more! My brows are one of the most noticeable things about my change as I don't really have any brows naturally. I've started to grow them out in the hope that they will get better but they're very light at the beginning and not a great shape! My scar side is slightly worse as there is now no arch at all as I lost the hairs there completely. Also my eyes look larger as I always opt for a black winged liner (and have done since the age of about 13) which makes them appear bigger!

 I haven't done the challenge strictly to the rules as the photo is edited to make two halves. I decided to do it this way as I was going to work and just knew I wouldn't be able to make the other half even after I had taken my photo. However I did have great fun editing this and I really hope that others will want to create an inspired post after reading this. I've learnt to love my scars and accept that my face doesn't look the same as it did 3 months ago. Although we may have faults that make-up can alter remember that being a well rounded individual is the way to beauty.


Face: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in No.52, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair, NYX Translucent Setting Powder, MUA Hydro-Powder, Maybelline Master Contour Powder, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter. 

Brows: Rimmel Brow this Way in Light Brown, The BodyShop Clear Brow Gel and Mascara.

Eyes: Zoeva Cocoa Eye-shadow Palette (Bitter Sweet All Over Lid, Substitute for Love in Crease, Freshly Toasted in Outer Crease) Maybelline Master Precise Felt Liquid Eye-Liner, Rimmel Super Curler Mascara.

Lips: Model&Co Lip Enhancer, MAC Matte Honey Love.

Lucy XO




No comments:

Post a Comment