31 August 2016

August Favourites



It's that time of the month again when I fulfill your wishlists with beauty buys that you probably don't really need but totally will want! I've only got 5 products this month that completely wowed as I'm yet to use my Z-Palette, due to work, and haven't tried many new pieces!


The Bahama Mama by The Balm

This was kind of an impulse buy I must say. I'd been paid more due to overtime and wanted to splurge on some products and this was one I knew I would love. I'd seen many of my favourite YouTubers use this as a contour powder and they all looked so fab I just had to give it a go. It's a great cool toned brown that suits many skin tones, it's also extremely pigmented! When I first tried it out I did apply a tad too much and had to blend like crazy as I just wasn't expecting that much colour pay off! If youve got the money I'd really recommend this as a contour shade but it also can be used as a bronzer too. My other recommendation is the Maybelline Master Sculpt duo that has a great cool toned contour shade in it!


Escada: Aqua Del Sol

Is this a beauty purchase? I think it counts... I bought this on holiday as it was literally everywhere and the scent would remind me of sun, sea and beaches. I truly love this perfume at the moment and have been wearing it everyday this month as it's such a great summer scent. I'm not great at describing smells and I do always think perfumes are a very personal choice, this is super floral in smell and just reminds me so much of walking past a flower stall. 


Goddess of Love: I Heart Make-up Highlighter

I recently discovered this beauty bargain on a trip to Superdrug. (I was really is search of the Solstice palette) I was also recommended this by one of the girls at work as she'd recently bought it too, I realised it is an exact dupe for the Too Faced Triple Baked Highlighters. The fact that even the ingredients are even identical does start to get you thinking! It's a super creamy and pigmented highlighted with looks gorgeous on my skin tone. I feel maybe my highlighter draw needs a bit of organising as it's now full. (Anyone willing to take some off me?)


YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick

I had lusted over one of these Lipsticks for ages, just look how picture perfect they are! This was also a holiday purchase as it was cheaper and therefore I just had to buy it. The YSL Rouge Vulpture Lipsticks are super creamy and super long lasting! Yes this shade is pretty much like every other I own but you can never have too many nudes lippies! I got the shade 47 which is a gorgeous pinky nude which is a great summer shade. After purchasing Candy K which I though would be a pink nude I was on the hunt for my perfect pink nude and I think I have found it! I'd love to find a matte alternative as I love mattes for winter. I'm also super excited to start wearing berry tones again!


Zoella Double Creme Body Cream 

Yes I am a FanGirl of Zoella (Zoe Sugg) but who isn't. She's so welcoming and gorgeous as well as being a super strong woman who has pretty much succeeded in all life aspects of mine. I also love her beauty ranges and cannot wait for her Gingerbread smell that releases at Christmas. This Double Creme Body Cream was from her newest range, Sweet Inspirations. Its smells gorgeous,just liek almonds, and is super thick! I've loved using this to try and keep my tan for as long as possible. It's great to slap on straight after a shower and let sink in for a few minutes before getting changed. I honestly can't wait to get my hands on the Pamper Hamper from her Christmas range as then I'll have one of everything to try and a super cute hamper too! Let me know if there's anything you're after from Zoella's new range.

There's also a few non photographed items I should mention. On holiday I could not put down the Darran Shan Vampire series after my boyfriend bought 17 books along and I started to read them, they're so well written and have a great story line! I've also been using castor oil after cutting off most of my eyelashes with melted tweezers, this has been working wonder for my lashes and they are now on the mend! 
So a short and sweet favourites this month but I'm sure next month will be bulkier as I've already got a super long wishlist!

Lucy XO

If you want to stay up to date with all of my posts I am now on Bloglovin! 


No comments:

Post a Comment