17 August 2016

My New Z-Palette


If you follow me on Snapchat (lucybrooke95) you would have seen me un-box these goodies which I purchased from Beauty Bay. I love the fact that when you spend over £50 (which is basically me every time) you get free next day delivery with Beauty Bay! I decided that I was finally capable of creating my own Z-Palette as I now know what colours suit me and which simply do not work. I chose 6 different pans from Make-up Geek Cosmetics 4 being their normal pans, 1 a duo-chrome and 1 a foiled eye-shadow. I must say I am so happy with all the colours I've chosen to start with, they are the ones I'll use the most and cover my setting powder, transition and glitter needs.




Original Shadow Pans: Goddess (Top Left) Tuscan Sun (Top Right) Wild West (Bottom Left) Baby Face (Bottom Right)

All of these eye-shadows are so pigmented I simply can't understand why I haven't purchased some sooner. There is also such a great colour range that there is a colour for every style and design, plus they are cruelty free! I choose these colours as I knew from the online swatches I'd love them and use them loads. Firstly Baby Face is a great shadow to set primer and use as a base to all other shadows, it glides on super well as it's formula is so buttery. Both Wild West and Tuscan Sun are my staple 'go-to' crease colours, Wild West is a more neutral whereas Tuscan Sun is a pink-based powder. I feel as though nearly everyone can use these shades in a palette as they are so build-able and great to blend out harsher colours. The final shade was more of a gamble for me, the shade Goddess is a gold/grey toned shadow and slightly on the shimmer side. I feel it will be great t place in the center of the lid to mix up my everyday look and give me a chance to play more with shimmers as I usually stick to matte shadows. All of these shadows retail at £4.95.



Duo-Chrome Eye-shadow: Ritzy (Left) 
Foiled Eye-shadow: Flame Thrower (Right)

These two shadows are more of the center colours that I am familiar with, they are once again well pigmented and have tones of shimmer and glitz. One is a Duo-Chrome and the other a Foiled Eye-shadow and both are stunning! Duo-Chrome pans retail at £4.95 and come in a range of colours these are also labelled as 'multi dimensional' which made me think instantly of mermaid vibes! Foiled eye-shadows are slightly different in the fact that they simple pack on tonnes of metallic goodness and retail as £7.95. I particularly love the shade Flame Thrower as it is a copper based eye-shadow and I love all things copper/ rose gold. 


All these pans magnetically attach to the Z-Palette Base making it super easy to add, move and remove any pans. There's also a selection of magnetic stickers included in-case you want to add your own pans to the kit. I can't wait to fill this medium palette with all my favourite shades and I love that the palette is completely personalised to your own preferences! This is a fab ideal if you always find that you lean to only one or two shadows in a palette, just as I do! I'd love to see your Z-Palette and hear about any Make-up Geek Shadows that you love.

Lucy XO



No comments:

Post a Comment