For Day 10 I thought that I'd mix it up a bit and show you guys and alternative present for your friends this Christmas! I always love baking especially around Christmas and I feel that Gingerbread men are a great gift too. In this post I'll be showing you guys what you need to make them and a way you could package them.
To Make 20 You Will Need:
350g Plain Flour (Plus extra for rolling out)
2tsp of Ginger
1tsp of Cinnamon
175g Soft Brown Sugar
1 Egg (Duck or Chicken)
4 tbsp of Golden Syrup
1. Combine all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Whisk together the egg and golden syrup.
3. Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and combined until starting to form clumps.
4. Flour your rolling surface and then tip the mixture onto it.
5. Knead together the bread until it forms a dough.
6. Place into a bowl, cover with clingfilm and allow to chill for 10-15 mins.
7. Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Once the dough is chilled roll out to about 1cm thick and use a cutter to cut out your biscuits.
8. Place cut out shapes onto a backing tray making sure you leave enough room for the dough to rise and spread (about 1cm between each shape).
9. Bake for 12-15mins dependent on oven
The little 'Mice Spies' bags I have are from Paperchase and are great for any home-made treats your planning on giving as gifts! They also come with little stickers so you can seal the bag. I'm placing these into gifts bags that include other presents so thought it would be a great idea to buy some cellophane bags that will keep them safe. These are also super cute and can be used for other gifts too - they do not have to be food related!