1 October 2016

Boots Haul

Something may or may not have happened again when I had a wander into Boots ... Now I did actually get what I set out for, which was some different eye liners for an upcoming post, however as it always does I kind of ended up picking some other bits up too. 


NYX Vivid Bright Eyeliners
Two of the items I actually walked in for were the NYX Eyeliners as I knew they did some great colours and I wanted something different for a possible post that is coming up. I love the versatility in the colours as you can make a great eye design look even better or make a natural look have bright pop of colour in a not too 'out there' way. I purchased the yello (Halo) and blue (Sapphire) as I thought they would work great with what I had planned and thought they were reasonably priced at £6.50 each. 

Maybelline Master Ink Eyeliner in White
Once again a product I needed (see I'm getting better) pretty much for the same reasons as above and I have loved seeing people use a white liquid liner on top of a black one in order to create a more dramatic everyday look. 

NYX Liquid Suede in Sandstorm
Okay yes I totally bought this because I saw Zoella place it in her monthly favorites and then it had to be mine. I love the texture of this as its a lovely light almost whipped feeling with a soft texture on the lips. This product is not matte but I kind of like that in the fact that it is a lot softer and more wearable. I also do not think this was too badly priced either, it was £6.50 and I honestly think I am going to get so much wear out of it as a great everyday nude. (As if I don't have another 35 in my collection ...)

NYX Lipstick in Eros 536
I must admit I'm not a big fan of red lips as I find they always wash me out and they just don't do anything for my skin tone. However whilst I was on this NYX Spending spree I clearly thought I may as well give it a go. The texture is lovely and creamy with a soft sheen finish and the colour is also quiet build-able. However I will have to get back to you on how often I feel brave enough to wear this and if it actually is worth it.


Rimmel Brow This Way and Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
This two were both re-purchases and they are also two of my 'ride or die' make-up products. I love both of these products for different reasons. I find my brows super hard to actually do as one of them no longer has an arch so I have to fake it. This set includes both a wax and a powder making it super easy to make a new shape and fill it in without making them look like slugs. There's even all the tools you need included in the kit. The Bourjois Foundation is also a great buy, its a drug store foundation making it cheap and can be used to create a natural look or layered to create a fuller coverage without looking cake-y. 

Collection Lashes
After finally becoming a woman and managing to apply false eyelashes the other day I decided I should treat myself to some more. I didn't want to spend loads as I don't wear them often and I don't mind throwing them away after 2 uses. I went for the ones name 'Lucious Lashes' as they seemed a good mix between natural wispy lashes and more full on ones. I'm not promising anything but I am going to try and make more dramatic looks that will of course then focus on having big lashes in too!

Collection Glitter Eye-Liner
This Final item is once again something I needed as I want to have a play around with using glitter in eye make-up to create a focal point. I've also seen a lot of YouTubers play around with glitter liner on the lower lash and I honestly love the effect it gives! 


I hope you've enjoyed this little boots haul (as then I can justify it) and I can't wait to play around with the new pieces I got in upcoming looks for you guys!

Lucy XO

Follow me on BlogLovin': https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/lucy-s-brooke-18204551

No comments:

Post a Comment